Updating Your Attic and Roof
Does it seem like your energy bills are inconsistent? Sometimes they’re high and sometimes they’re low. That inconsistency may have nothing to do with your actual energy usage, but actually the insulation in your home. Most insulation, specifically attic insulation, is there to provide temperature regulation. It’s necessary for keeping warm air inside during the winter and cool areas cool in the summer. If you have old school fiberglass in your home, it may not be cutting it anymore as your primary source of insulation. It may be time to consider switching to something else. Contact Capital Construction today at 952-222-4004 about spray foam insulation in Burnsville, MN.
What is Spray Foam Insulation?
Spray foam insulation is a polyurethane liquid combined with an isocyanate liquid. When the two are combined, they ultimately create an expansive, hardened layer of insulation. The main question from any property owner is how is spray foam insulation installed and how does it work? It’s installed with essentially a spray gun that the two liquids combine, react, foam up, and fill the desired area. It fills every nook and cranny, hole, and other areas of concern. Though it may seem like an easy installation, there are some complicated steps to the process, similar to roof flashing repair. How spray foam insulation works is by providing an air-tight seal throughout your space. If it’s the attic, then you will have a very well-insulated attic. There will be no gaps or holes for air to leak through. Spray foam is also impermeable to water, mold, and other infestations. This means that you’ll never have to worry about major problems that you would normally have with fiberglass insulation.
Benefits of Spray Foam Insulation
Is there really a difference between spray foam insulation vs fiberglass insulation? There very much is! While both have their own unique features, spray foam has a proven track record of quality results. You can still achieve similar ones with fiberglass, but you likely won’t be as satisfied. So what can you gain from spray foam insulation?
- Unbeatable Insulation: Spray foam is considered one of the better ways, if not the best way, to insulate a home. It’s expansive by nature so it ultimately fills every single nook and cranny that might get missed by traditional fiberglass insulation. It has the highest R-rating of any insulation option on the market, which is a very good thing.
- Energy Savings: Because of how well this material fills and seals your attic, you will more than likely be able to see some serious energy savings. How so? Since no heat or air will be lost, your HVAC system will be able to better regulate the temperatures in your home. This will be reflected in your energy bills later on.
- Air-Tight Sealing: This insulation will create an air-tight seal that is impermeable to air leaks, moisture, and more. Air loss is the primary reason behind high-energy bills. That’s a thing of the past with spray foam. Concerned about mold or pests? Don’t be. Spray foam resists water and infestations, protecting your home even further.
- Longevity: This polymer material will last upwards of 80-years or longer. There is really no specific time frame when spray foam will stop working, but has it has proven to provide long-term, consistent service. More so than most fiberglass or other insulation options.
The benefits listed above are for closed-cell insulation. Installing this type of insulation is not as simple as completing an asphalt shingle roof repair service. It is something that will require professional skills and knowledge. For that, look no further than Capital Construction. We are a dependable roofing and construction company in your area with extensive knowledge about spray foam insulation. Call us today for more.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to have spray foam insulation installed?
- It depends on which type of spray foam you are getting because there are two. Open-cell spray foam will cost about $1-$1.20 per square foot while closed-cell spray foam will cost about $1.25-$1.50 per square foot to install.
- Is spray foam insulation good?
- Yes, it is! This insulation is impermeable to water, which means that it will not allow any amount of moisture into your attic. It will thoroughly seal and protect your home from water damage, mold, mildew, and more.
- How long does spray foam insulation last?
- Spray foam will last upwards of 80 years or longer. It really depends on the initial installation as well as the upkeep and maintenance over the years. That in mind, it will last just as long as fiberglass insulation.
- Can mold grow on spray foam insulation?
- No, it will not. The smooth surface of spray foam does not allow for mold or mildew growth. More than that, this material is water-resistant, which means it does not attract moisture like paper or wood.
- Is spray foam insulation worth the cost?
- At the end of the day, that is up to the homeowner. Ultimately, we do believe it is worth the cost for a number of reasons. It is water-resistant, energy-efficient, long-lasting, and more. It’s something worth investing in for your home.
Connect With Us Today for Even More
Ready to know more about spray foam insulation in Burnsville, MN? If so, contact Capital Construction at 952-222-4004 for all the details.