EPDM roofs employ a rubber based roofing material that has been proven to be effective at preserving the lifespan of your existing roof. In addition, EPDM roofing membranes are environmentally friendly and can even help you save money on your cooling costs during the hottest months of the year.
Because EPDM roofs are specifically manufactured for commercial purposes, you will need to trust a licensed commercial roofing contractor who has specialized tools and knowledge to install or repair your EPDM membrane. You can be sure that choosing Capital Construction is the right choice to handle your commercial roofing because we are a full-service construction company with access to everything needed for a flawless installation or repair.
Learn more about your options concerning EPDM roofing in Minneapolis, MN by calling our office at your convenience and schedule a free estimate for a new roof. Our roofers take pride in our work, which is why we offer a limited lifetime warranty with every new roof. When you select Capital Construction as your roofer, you know you will be getting quality work at an affordable price, every time.
What Is EPDM?
Ethylene Propylene Diene Terpolymer or EPDM is a synthetic rubber compound that has been purposed for commercial roofing applications. EPDM is primarily composed of two materials – ethylene and propylene. Like other rubbers and plastics, ethylene and propylene are formed using oil and natural gas as the foundations for their compounds.
Reasons to Install EPDM Roofing
EPDM membranes offer several distinct advantages that make them a perfect choice for many commercial properties. Installing an EPDM roof has been demonstrated to relieve stress on your roof and extend its functional lifespan. Below is a brief list of the benefits of installing an EPDM roofing system.
- Expansion/Contraction Technology: EPDM is extremely flexible and is designed to shrink and stretch with severe temperature fluctuations and shifting foundations to maintain a durable protective barrier.
- Fire/Flame Retardant: EPDM meets independent safety-tested standards for flame resistance, meaning that it can effectively protect your building from fires.
- Environmentally Friendly: A study found that EPDM has a significantly lower negative environmental impact than alternative roofing options.
- Energy Efficient: EPDM roofs are capable of reflecting sunlight away from your roof instead of absorbing it. This means your building stays cooler – saving you on cooling costs during the summer
- Enhanced Durability: Conclusive tests have confirmed that EPDM roofs outperform other roofing membranes during hail storms.
At Capital Construction, we believe in providing satisfactory service for each and every one of our clients. This means that we work with all insurance companies so you can get your new EPDM roofing in Minneapolis, MN when you need it.