How to Deal With Rain
How do you deal with rain and storm elements? If you live in an area that experiences drastic temperature changes and hail, you might invest in impact-resistant shingles. But what do you do about rain? For that, you might want to invest in high-quality gutters. Believe it or not, gutters are pretty essential to the overall structure of your residential roof. They help to contain and move water away from your roof as well as the structure itself. That’s right, gutters aren’t just important for the roofing structure, but your whole property. Without them, water can potentially run straight down the side of your home damaging the siding as well as creating potential dangers around the foundation. More than that, without a way to move water away, it can collect on the roof, causing wood rot, mold, mildew, and other serious problems.
If your home doesn’t have gutters or you are considering new ones, there is a lot to take into consideration. The gutter installation process can seem intimidating, but when you are working with the best, that won’t be the case. Choosing the right material is really where the majority of your decision lies. There are several options for homeowners, from vinyl to copper to aluminum. A quality residential roofer in Burnsville, MN such as Capital Construction can not only help you through this decision, but the can also complete an installation. We can help with roof repairs as well as when you need a gutter installation contractor.
Benefits of Gutters
There are in fact many advantages to gutters. While they can at times seem unsightly and challenging to keep up with, gutter installation and repair are necessary to experience the benefits. Just like you would invest in air duct cleaning to get the most out of your HVAC system.
- Avoid flooding: One advantage of gutters is that they can help to avoid flooding in and around your home. When water is not properly moved away, it can pool around the house causing damage to the foundation or leaking in and flooding the basement.
- Cleaner look: When maintained and installed correctly, gutters will give a clean, well-polished look to your home. Additionally, they will prevent damage to your siding, which can allow that clean look to last longer.
- Decay Prevention: Not everything on your roof on the side of your home is waterproof. When water and moisture are allowed to collect in these areas, decay, rot, and damage will ensue.
- Mold Prevention: And of course, gutters will help prevent mold or mildew growth. As mentioned, this system is designed to move water away and prevent the moisture from getting trapped. In doing so, mold, mildew and moss aren’t able to grow or survive.
The gutter installation cost will vary from home to home, from material to material. Don’t let the price scare you away though! Gutters offer a unique purpose and structural element to your home that you really do need. To learn more about gutters, installation, and maintenance services in your area, give Capital Construction a call.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to put new gutters on a house?
- Depending on the type and brand of gutter you choose, the cost will vary. That being said, most gutters will cost between $4 and $30 per sqft. So in total, it could cost you anywhere from $1,600 to $2,175 or more.
- Are seamless gutters worth it?
- Seamless gutters are worth it for a variety of reasons. They are generally easier to maintain and keep up with over the years. There can be a few drawbacks, but most homeowners find the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages.
- Are gutters a good investment?
- Yes, gutters are a good investment. They are a line of defense that most roofing structures need against rain and moisture. Generally, homes are built with vinyl gutters that can age and deteriorate pretty quickly. If you want to really invest in your home, aluminum or steel gutters are the way to go.
- What happens if a house has no gutters?
- There are several risks that homeowners take when there are no gutters on their home. Gutters are used to help move water away from the structure and prevent moisture build-up. Without them, there is a greater chance of wood rot, mold, mildew, moss, and other damaging issues.
- Do you really need gutters?
- Yes, you really do! Gutters are designed to move rain water away from the structure and prevent moisture build-up. They don’t just aid your roof though, either. With properly installed gutters, your foundation and siding will also be protected.
Subscribe to Capital Construction LLC's Blog